Free Psychology services at St. Mark’s
Do you find that your child is displaying emotional or behavioural issues? OnPsych are a team of fully qualified and registered psychologists and Mental Health Social Workers who specialise in child and adolescent services working in primary and secondary schools. Services are performed confidentially and at NO COST to the parent. Our onPsych staff member at St. Mark’s is Lilly Bui; who works with both children and adolescents who are experiencing a range of difficulties such as anxiety and mood disorders, learning and behavioural disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder, interpersonal, self-harming and adjustment difficulties (social & situational). If you believe that this might benefit your child, please contact Andrew Davies for an information pack or talk to your child’s teacher.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of my child seeing onPsych?
onPsych staff are experts in their field. They offer professional help with simple problems like making friends to complex mental health issues, such as:
Dealing with bullying
Fears and phobias
Behaviour problems (at home and at school)
Self-esteem and confidence
Attention deficit & hyperactivity
Grief and loss,
Autism Spectrum Disorder.
onPsych services are FREE of charge to you, all you need to do is to get a referral from your GP. Below are the steps you can follow to quickly get a referral so that Lilly Bui can see your child as soon as possible.
- Book a double appointment with your GP
- Advise them of your concerns regarding your child’s emotional wellbeing
- Obtain a referral and Mental Health Plan under the Better Access Initiative (Medicare item 2715/2700). This entitles your child up to 10 sessions per 12 months. It is important that the GP provides an accompanying letter attached to the Mental Health Plan for Medicare purposes.
- Have your GP fax the referral and the paperwork directly to onPsych on 1300 651 580, or you can take it to school and ask them to forward to onPsych for you
- Complete the paperwork below (titled ‘Information about your child’) and return to school.
- Lilly Bui will then be in contact with you to soon after receiving the complete paperwork.